Lighten Up














Greetings from The Front Porch,

To learn something about my dependence on technology, and show that this is not the only way for me to live, I have chosen to avoid using my cell phone and computer on Sundays.

For those of you who might have felt neglected or rejected by my lack of my responding to your voice messages and emails, it was actually for the benefit of our relationship.

I am a better wife, mother, friends and all around communicator when I unplug and give my brain a break.  When I choose to feel the pages of a book instead of the plastic on my key board, I am reminded about how the simple things in life allow me to find peace.

The three benefits I found from my simple decision to disconnect from this form of modern technology were these:

1.  Fully folding into the moment with my family without any distractions.

2.  Completely embracing the love of a book not just for the story but also for the feel.

3.  A gently reminder that I do not hold it all together.


Happy Monday

Cris Nole


  

2 comments:

AfterGirl said...

I had a breakthrough this morning that I give myself no time to just be and think. I am going to remedy that from now on.

Chaplain Cris Nole said...

AfterGirl,
Good for you, hope your making the time to be and think!!!!