Hug And Release....



Day 23


Whispers from the Heart of God…..

Letting go is going to be painful and your heart will hurt, that does not mean it should not be done.  The hardest part of parenting is the hug and release, loving them enough while feeling the lose and still letting go.  I will catch your tears as you watch them wonder away.

Like you, I created your child to fly.  They will experience me in my fullness only when you back off and back away.  Remember how you found me, in your darkest places, all alone, crying out and looking up.

Not everyone has to follow that path but do not let your own travels prevent you from the hug and release.  You will not regret letting them go, this I promise you.

They will fall, they will fail and you will feel fear as you hug and release.  However, done right, you will also feel proud, brave, and even courageous as your child finds me in the falling and failing and getting back up.

I promise them as I have promised you.  I will never leave them or forsake them.  Those who seek me are those who have been given the go to find me, their faith has been given to them without being controlled. 

The hardest part of this job is letting go but I will hold you and I will guide you and you will know that I am your God as you let them go and watch them grow.

Love Your
Creator

P.S.
You can do this :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As soon as I began to read this post, the tears began to flow. Not for my son, but for the releasing of my grandson. It's almost prophetic. I've been fighting to see my 7 month old grandson for the last few months. My son and daughter-in-law have separated and her family fails to see the love I have for my grandson as well as the importance of him knowing me and receiving that love. The thing that makes this post so prophetic for me is that I've had this internal dialog wherein I tell myself, "I might lose him..I might have to let him go." I can't bear this pain, it is profound and deep to the bones of my soul. But I feel as if God is reassuring me to let Him go if I have to. I know this post is towards a parent releasing their child but as a grandmother, the grandchildren ARE your child. Your child's child is your family, your blood, your heart. Thank you for sharing it. I hope it isn't true, actually. I pray that he knows me and I know him and that it's God's will that he should. God bless you.