Walk beside me and be my friend!















Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
Albert Camus

Bare Naked Ladies, no I am not talking about the music group for those of you who remember them from back in the day. 

I am actually referring to a group I belong to of women from my community.  

We started meeting a few years ago, a handful of women who were looking for authentic relationships with other women.  We came together to share our friendships as well as our faith journey.

As we sat around a coffee shop one evening laughing and sharing about body parts, relationship struggles and our faith, we decided that we were going to keep it real, bare it all and not hold back.  Thus the name, Bare Naked Ladies evolved and the rest is history.

We are an eclectic group to say the least.  Some of us have been on our faith journey longer then others but we are all headed in the same direction.  Focusing on HIS face, that of our FATHER, who saved us through His son Jesus Christ.

We made a promise as a group not to try to fix, change or rescue one another.  Instead, we have learned to listen well, ask good questions and pause on purpose allowing God to lead the way.

I had recently stepped away for a few months from the group to walk through a grief class, a long process of finding healing from the loss of my mother as well as that of other loved ones.

Tonight was my first time back to BNL and it felt good to be home.  I have missed the laughter, conversation and connection with the most amazing women in the world.  

What I have missed the most about my time with these ladies was the spontaneous giggles that happen naturally in the middle of our conversations, brought on by past memories of experiences over the last two years.  

All we have to do is look at one another with a certain expression, say one word or act a certain way and it triggers a belly laugh from us all.  This friends is community, this is where true life happens.  

Tonight as I prepare to place my head on my pillow I will say a prayer for each of these ladies who have chosen not to walk behind me or in front of me but beside me as my friend.

Cris




No comments: