Reflections From The Mirror...


 
 
Dear Cris,

Every day you stand in front of me.  We have this unspoken relationship. I know you hold loosely to what you see on my side.  I believe that is a good thing, for what you are seeing changes ever so slightly every day.  However, I get the honors of seeing beyond the reflection.  Every morning as you prepare to start your day this is what I see. 


I see a woman who loves life to its fullest.  A woman who is satisfied by the slow, simple small moments.  I see a woman who embraces beauty with all of her heart.  The kind of beauty that is felt not seen.  I see a woman who is open to new experiences that satisfy the soul.  I see a woman who loves her family to the depths of her being. I see a woman who is hungry to make a difference not just in her world but the world around her as well.

 

I see a woman who is ready to be seen and heard, fear is no longer keeping her small. I see a woman who loves to help others find their voice. I see a woman who is fiercely adamant about her core values.  I see a woman who does not need credit for her calling but hungers for guidance, correction and leadership through mentoring.  I see a woman who knows two are better than one and travels with a tribe of close knit friends.

 

I see a woman who knows how to live within her means and loves to give from her abundance. I see a woman who is done being a patient and wants desperately to walk in the healing with the use of all the tools she has gathered over the last eleven years. I see a woman who wants to leave a legacy of one who listened well.  I see a woman who wants people to say she found her voice and used it well. I see a woman who loves Jesus. I see a woman who is not bound by religious behavior but understands the benefits of living a religious life.

 

I see a woman who understands that there is a season for everything under the sun. I see a woman who will fight to the finish to make sure that the voice of those being ignored are heard. Most of all I see a woman who is not afraid to live in this crazy, noisy, busy, bright, loud world.  I see a woman who has learned to modify when needed her life in such a way that she is able to live in the messy moments.   I see a woman who knows that the miracles in life are found in the messiest of moments. 

 

I am proud of what I see.  Keep living in the slow, simple, small moments of life and you will continue to experience the miracles of the moment.

 

One of Your Closest Companions

You’re Reflection

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear blogging friends,

There was a time in my life when looking in the mirror caused me to fear for what I saw.  I hated my reflection and I cursed  what God had created, me.  I write this post with a heart of celebration because those days of hating what I saw are long gone, they have been for sometime.  God took my broken pieces and turned them into a master PEACE.  I am anything but perfect.  However, today I am able to stand in front of the mirror and like what I see.  I have learned for me to love others I must love myself.  For those of you that are part of my tribe, my community I thank you for helping me embrace my reflection instead of curse God’s creation.

 
Thank you for stopping by.

Cris

 

No comments: