Nothing Hits The Spot!

Greetings from The Front Porch!

A gentle reminder, The Front Porch is more about an attitude rather than an actual place. An attitude that two are better than one. It is possible to experience The Front porch from a distance. So relax, read and enjoy the view. I hope you find The Front Porch an amazing place to visit!












Nothing Hits The Spot!

Nothing hits the spot like a good cup of coffee…or a great conversation. “I am going into my office now,” I announce as I retreat into my cave to wait for the call. I felt like a little kid getting ready to open a gift that I already know about.

Peering at the clock on my desk, I can see that I am just minutes away from hearing my friend’s voice on the other end of the phone. I can’t help but smile to myself, pure joy at the thought of cuddling into my chair and our conversation for the next hour, sipping on my coffee and folding into the moment.

Though I cannot see her through the receiver, I feel her touch my heart with the soft sound of her voice. She is hundreds of miles away, yet I feel her very presence in the room with me as we enter into the moment.

Sharing our struggles and our victories...I can almost smell the cup of coffee she is drinking while we share our lives’ happenings with each other.

The song of our friendship plays for over an hour, pleasant tones and natural rhythm. Of course, the sixty minutes we shared seemed like only sixty seconds. Bringing the conversation to an end feels like another goodbye I do not want to make.


I seem to put the phone down more quickly this time because saying goodbye gets harder and harder. She has become my voice of reason, my partner in preparation. This is one way God brings my past into my present to help me create my future.

Iron sharpens iron. The two of us bear the fruit of friendship that naturally grows when two people come together with a common purpose and a common goal. Not intentionally but rather organically, knowing we are drawn to one another…the Spirit that lives within us writes similar stories on our hearts.

The bottom of my cup is empty and cold, the clock is ready to mark the hour and the family is waiting on the other side of the door. Our conversation must come to an end and we promise to make another appointment, meeting in the same spot at the same time for the same reason. Remembering as I put my phone away… nothing hits the spot like the sweet sound of friendship on the other end of the line.

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.


Proverbs 27:17





Question: Do you ever carve out time during your busy week to make room for life-giving connections? If so, do they hit the spot?


Cristina

No comments: