The Challenge with Change!


Greetings from The Front Porch!

All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.



Anatole France


As I walk away from one season and enter into another, my heart is heavy for what I do leave behind but my mind is racing a hundred miles an hour at the thought of what is to come.


Change use to scare me like a dark room and an open closet door does to a small child. The fear of the unknown often left me frozen in my tracks and I would find myself never moving forward or letting go of my past.


Years ago, my life depended on change and it was in that change that I realized that for me to live fully alive I would have to embrace my greatest fear and jump into it feet first.


I had to put my feelings aside, not denying how I felt but inside honoring my emotions while moving forward in the change. What a surprise to find out the very thing I feared was the very thing I needed to grow. The very thing I feared was the very thing that brought me to fully live.


Through embracing change, I have learned to laugh and cry, to be still and to move, to listen and ask all at the same time. I realized in the season of change comes a beautiful confidence that is birthed out of the fact that my FAITH is grater then my fear.


My FAITH tells me that there is a hope for my future and for me to walk in that hope I must be willing to move forward in the change.


So, as I say goodbye to what was and hello to what will be, I thank God for this very moment that I am able to embrace the unknown as I trust in HIM fully with what use to be my greatest fear.


1. Do you fear change?


2. Do you fear the unknown?


3. What would it take you to embrace the change you need to be fully alive and fully aware of what God wants to do in and through you?



God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?
Numbers 23:19


Cris

No comments: