Fresh Fruit.......




You didn’t choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name. (John 15:16 NLT)

God did not say He appointed us to go build churches but rather produce fruit. He did not tell us to go but be. To produce lasting fruit means that it requires us to pour into, cultivate and care for other people. Relationships are not to be treated like businesses, we do not need a marketing plan to produce fruit, and we need time, space and pure love.

When we spend more time on things then people, we produce a false image of something that appears to look like the real deal.  Nevertheless, when we choose to dig deeper into religion, many times what we will see is anything but relationships and fruit producing people.

Programs do not trump people, ever, Satan knows our weaknesses and business is one of them. Building keeps us busy and prevents us from producing fruit. Yes, many good works are happening in the name of faith but how much fruit is being produced.

Arrogance is birthed out of building, but we do not have to rely on Him choosing us for such a task as that. He makes it clear that He chose us not the other way around. When this is happening, the Father will give me anything I ask for. As I continue to choose to pour out instead of build up I am finding that the real deal is in the relationships forged out of the cultivating and caring for. 



I will remember daily that I was picked for this purpose of producing lasting fruit. I will not look at producing programs but rather connections. I will remember that as a chosen child of the king that He will give me what I ask for and that I can wait in joyful expectation. 



Thank you Father for the way you have shown me what the counterfeit looks like. Thank you for choosing me to be like a farmer, pouring out and into the lives around me. I trust you with the desires of my heart knowing that you will not deceive me or let me down. Your love is pure and I can count on you every day.

No comments: