My Legacy.......



How do you want to be remembered?  A legacy, something that is handed down, handed back, handed to.  Our legacy, what we leave, it will be what the world will see.  Remember, it is not what’s caught but taught that counts.   What we leave behind when it is all said and done, that is what the world will see.  When it is over and you are no longer here, what do you want the world to say about the person you were?


For me, what I want the world to remember for the world to say, she was a woman of faith who lived in the moment while trusting Her God with her future.  I want them to whisper, speak out and say, she loved deeply, forgave quickly and giggled a lot.

When my life is through and my days are done, when the world looks back at my life, my legacy I want them to say, “She wore Jesus well, walked by faith and did not compromise in what she believed.”
When it is all said and done when the world looks back and examines my life I want them to say “She was a friend to those who others ignored.  She shared what she saw and saw what she shared.  She never gave up or gave in and she, ( who was me) was willing to enter others pain while allowing others into hers (which was mine mine).”

When looking back over my life, I want the world to say “she loved the unlovable (she was one of them), reached out to the forgotten (she had been lost) and found the suffering (because she had walked in the way).

I want them to say she was available and intentional and made herself present for the people around her.”

When looking back over my life I want the world to say, she prayed more, listened often and spoke less about herself and more about others.”  They will say, they will say, “She was not a fixer but a facilitator; she loved, accepted and encouraged everyone.”

When looking back over my life, I want the world to say, “She ran her race and cheered others on in theirs. She took a breath, paused for a moment and slowdown to reflect on HIS love daily.”  A love that she learned meant that she was never lost or alone ever again, a love that stretched out HIS arms and said, “I love you this much, it is finished.”

When the world looks back over my life, when it’s all said and done, I want them to say, “She chose to be about His business while minding her own, she was accountable, authentic and often times outrageous.”  “She celebrated out loud, cried, sang and danced everyday.”


When my legacy is on the line and the people start to talk I want to hear them say, “She held, hugged and kissed those she loved.”  I want them to say “She let you know she loved you and always found the good in everyone she met.

When the world looks back over my life, when my legacy starts to unfold and my time on earth is through, my prayer is that the memories of me will be of a women who was never be to busy to give an ear, a shoulder or a hand.

I want the people to say, “She supported, sponsored and collaborated with others to create authentic community one connection at a time, known as the front porch.” They will say, “She believed that two were better than one and lived out her belief.” (Every single day)

When looking back I want the world to remember that my greatest legacy came from living in the moment while trusting my God with my future. They will say, “She was a woman who loved from thanksgiving and walked by faith.

So I say to you today/tonight, if your time on earth were through, if your days ended and your life was cut short.  What do you want the world to remember you by.

Cris Nole

No comments: