Escape


Chinese proverb state, “ If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow.” 


A knee-jerk response usually ends up causing me to feel sorrow, guilt and/or shame.  When I go for the kill everyone ends up hurt.

My intentions are not to just love those I live with but all of humanity as well.  With that being said, I must think before I speak.  The ability to do so takes training.  Our brain is a muscle that must be exercised.

Sorrow, guilt and shame are not from the Father.  Relationships grow where love is exercised and self-control is practiced.

What if today I practice thinking before I speak?  What if today I am intentional about the words I speak and the actions I take.?

The best way to prevent sorrow, guilt and shame from growing in my soul is to be intentional about my motives.  Keep my why in check and if I do not know I will not go.

Today I will stop, drop and pray.  I will choose to be kind and considerate to all of humanity and when I fail and when I fall, I will make amends whenever possible.  I will wipe off my knees and start again.

All things are possible, all!

Chaplain Cris

No comments: