Every so often I decide to answer this question.  I know that as I grow, mature and change so do my answers.  

“Cris, how do you want to be remembered?”

“I want to be remembered for being me.  I want to be remembered for the way I listened well, asked good questions and paused on purpose. I want to be remembered as the woman who followed her dreams and desires to live wholeheartedly in her community. I want to be remembered as a woman who loved well by letting go.

I want to be remembered as a woman who was passionately in love with a man who believed in her with all his heart.  I want to be remembered as a woman who lived to love her family.

I want to be remembered as a woman who knew how to say no so she could say yes, a woman who knew what she valued most and followed those values in all areas of her life.

I want to be remembered as a woman of faith, who loved Jesus and believed in His ways. I want to be remembered as a woman who reached out to the hurt, lost and left behind.

I want to be remembered as a woman who was not afraid to defend herself, one who knew her worth, trusted her instincts and engaged her body, all in order to defend her body, soul and mind.

I want to be remembered as a woman who reached out to those who had gone before her and those who were coming behind.

I want to be remembered as a woman who believed that the abundant life came in the slow, simple, small ordinary moments of life.  I want to be remembered as a woman who embraced the mess and believed the miracles were found in the middle of those messes.

I want to be remembered as a woman who used her voice to make a difference, speaking up for those who had lost their voice, their way or their why.  

I want to be remembered as someone who equipped, encouraged and inspired others.

I want to be remembered as a woman who knew how to rest well, work hard and play often. I want to be remembered as a woman who knew how to create, who colored outside the lines and embraced the biggest box of crayons available.

I want to be remembered as the woman who overcame her past and learned to live in the moment.  I want to be remembered as a woman who did not touch the dangling carrot, the woman who did not need to be known, rich or famous but rather seen so others knew she cared.  I want to be remembered for being be me.”

Thank you for letting me share.


So, let me ask you.  How would you like to be remembered?  

No comments: