Flicker, Flame and Freedom



 
I love how the tiniest flicker from the smallest flame has the ability to light up a room.  
 
Perhaps the tiny flame is not strong enough to read by but the strength of the light is just enough for me to make my way around a darkened room.  It is just the right amount of light to see in the moment, to pray and meditate before the beginning of my day.

I am in transition, changing the way I start my day.  I no longer need the bright lights, books and baggage to help me navigate through and to my truth. I have spent years sitting in brightly lit rooms before the break of dawn.
 
I have been in the process of breaking old habits while creating new ones.  Years of intentional times in the light has now paid off.  The truths I leaned into and learned are now carved out on my heart and soul.

In recovery I was taught, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.  I believe that is what I have experienced over the last several months.  Even a good thing needs to come to an end to make room for a new beginning.
 
It is like opening up a suitcase to find nothing inside.  It feels like insanity believing that if I continue to open up that bag something just might come out.  It is time to put the luggage away and embrace all that I have been given and all that is about to come.

I am grateful for the times when I had the brightness of the light to help me find my truth.  Now, however it is the flicker of the flame that reminds me, I know the truth and the truth has set me free.

 
My focus word for the week FREEDOM..

 
 
 
 
Do you have a focus word for your week?  If so I would love to know what it is and why you chose that word.

 
Thank you for letting me share.

“Living In the Moment”
Cris

No comments: