Sacred Space Of Stillness




  I am and have been choosing not to fill up my calendar or add to my to-do list.  Even though I could and sometimes feel like I should.

  With change around the corner, I am feeling the loss, the screaming in my head sometimes gets loud and sometimes even in my heart I hear, “what were you thinking?”

  Part of me wants to default to denial and stay busy so I do not have to deal with the change and all that is going on but I know better then to run away from my feelings. 

  Grief would catch up with me, if not now, one day.  It is one of those emotions everyone has.  Does everyone deal with it?  NOT! 

  Therefore, I embrace my sacred stillness and rejoice, cry, embrace and let go of all I am walking way from and all I am walking into.

  In the middle of embracing the stillness, we as a family walked through what will be our new home one day soon.  We are months away from the move. All that is standing is the frame, wood beams facing here and there. 

  The four of us gathered around the entryway from what will be our kitchen to the stairs, we held hands prayed and signed the wooden frame.  “As for me and my house we will serve the Lord.”  Signed the Nole Family Aug 2012.

  It is hard to believe that this came from my journal almost a year ago this week.  Sacred space of stillness allowed for us to transition from what use to be to what is now.

Thank you for letting me share!

Cristina


No comments: