Letting Go...

 
Last year around this time my middle daughter sent me this quote.  She is queen of collecting inspirational quotes.  This one has been my favorite so far. 

When I received the text with this quote I breathed a sigh of relief and thought with a smile "she finally gets it."  After 18 years of learning to let go and love her well, she got what I was trying to accomplish. 

 

My baby girl is no longer a baby girl.  I realize she has not been my baby for some time now.  However, in the last few months I have seen a side of her that shines with the maturity of a woman who knows who she is.  The baby girl I once saw is gone, replaced with a woman who knows what she wants. 

Being a parent is one of the most grueling jobs I have ever endured.  My heart feels like it is constantly being pounded out and pressed against.  As my kids grow up into adults, letting go does not get any easier but it does get more important.  I have learned that holding on for too long can actually stunt their growth and choke the life out of them.

 

My children will always be my children but as seasons change so do roles. I have learned to wear a new hat as they each enter new seasons.  High school junior preparing for college.  College student preparing for future and married mom of a two year old toddler.  Different seasons different hats.

“Yes my sweet daughter, I was not trying to get you to love me, but rather I was trying to make you love you.”

 

Have a beautiful today my blogging friends. Thank you for stopping by.  Please feel free to share your journey with me as well.  I would love to hear about what season in your life you are at.  Whether you are married, single, with children, grandchildren, your story matters and it helps me to know I am not alone in the journey. 


Cris
"Living In The Moment"
 

No comments: